RejuvenationLawn is slightly unhealthy and needs REJUVENATION.
- Jumpstarts the lawn economically
- Boosts organic make up of existing soil & Allows more oxygen to the soil
- Fast results within weeks
Is your lawn suffering, but not completely lost? Is it 50% weeds but you still have some good grass? You don’t want to do a complete renovation but you want a nicer lawn even if it takes more time? Then Lawn Rejuvenation is the solution.
Here are some disadvantages of rejuvenation:
- It can take a couple of years to really turn the lawn around all the way
- It is possible that it should be down a couple times in the first 2 years
- Weeds are still present and need to be fought more vigorously
SeedLawn is damaged and needs full RENOVATION.
- Less expensive than sod
- Faster install process
- Can successfully restore your grass with the proper tools in place
Here are some disadvantages of seed:
- It takes a long time to get a new lawn.
- Because it takes a long time, weed seeds can drift into the exposed soil before the grass germinates and you can see weeds pop up with the new grass.
- The area being renovated looks like a construction site with the exposed dirt for a while, since you have to wait for the grass to germinate.
- If it rains heavily before the seed germinates, it can create little rivlets in the dirt which sometimes need to be regraded.
- You have to take care of the grass as it grows from seed to mature grass.
- You have to stay off the lawn as the baby grass grows because it is weak.
- Most seed renovations require a follow up visit either in the next fall or spring in order to reseed the bare areas that didn’t take root as planned.
- Baby grass can succumb to stress from the sun and fungus more easily than mature grass.
SodLawn is damaged and needs full RENOVATION.
- Looks good & matures grass
- Fewer weeds than seed & Faster than seed
- Rain won’t ruin the soil or create rivulets
Here are some disadvantages of sod:
- Expensive & more labor to install and more expensive than seed
- Some of the sod could die or burn out and require a follow up visit
- While taking root, foot traffic should be minimal
Sod is near perfect grass when delivered to your house and once installed, it will acclimate to its surroundings and will often decline in health to a degree based on its surroundings. Shade, foot traffic, pets, poor soil, lack of water etc will impact the perfect grass in a negative way. It was babied while growing up with the perfect conditions! Seed, on the other hand, starts from scratch and if taken care of properly will grow into its surroundings as best as possible. Both Sod and seed can end with the same results, but they both come from different starting points. In either case, a lawn care program is imperative to continue to take care for the lawn. That is why we include a full 12 months of our basic program for free after a sod or seed renovation, because it is so essential.
A Terrific Job
“This is the first year I’ve had Hambletons do a spring clean-up as well as mulch my yard. Just wanted to let Hambleton management know what a terrific job was done. I couldn’t have asked for anything better. The three-man crew that did the work on my yard is to be highly commended for their professionalism and courteousness. Thanks for a job well done.”
Allan R. McLean, VA